Office Hours: Monday - Saturday - 8am - 6pm

Chimney Cleaning In Groveland, FL

Chimney Cleaning in Groveland, Clermont, Winter Garden, FL, and Surrounding Areas

Clogged Up Chimneys Can Cause Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Your chimney can create a few big problem areas when it comes to the safety and efficiency of your home. It also has the possibility of being a pathway for unwelcomed guest to find a place to hide in your home that you may not want them in. We can help keep your chimneys cleaned out and clear of those visitors. Schedule your service today to get help with these problems and more.

How Many Chimney Cleanings Have We Done So Far in 2021?

Common Health Affects from Dirty Chimneys

  • Chimney Fires are an obvious risk. Creosote, this by-product of combustion can easily ignite if exposed to high levels of heat.
  • If an animal has made a nest in your chimney, back puffing may occur. This is when the flow of air changes and now your smoke and soot start coming into your home.
  • Back Puffing can cause respiratory problems, skin and eye irritation, and other health-related problems.
Chimney Cleaning In Groveland, FL

Health & Safety Is Our Goal

Benefits Of Having Clean Chimneys

When soot builds up from your fireplace, it can start to line the walls of the chimney. It can even blow back and cover your floors. Keeping a chimney clean can be safer for your house and mean less cleaning for you.

Impact Of Chimneys Uncared For

Real risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. A dirty chimney can create a serious risk of carbon monoxide poisonings inside of your home. If the chimney has reached unsafe levels of condition, the vent may not be able to properly filter out dangerous air particles. Carbon monoxide can build up in the vent and leak into the home over the course of time. If you are feeling sick suddenly or gradually over the course of a day in a room with a chimney, we suggest quickly leaving the house to get fresh air.  Any room in your house with a chimney, we recommend installing a carbon monoxide sensor in that room. Remember also, carbon monoxide affects children and babies much faster than adults.

Due to air flow problems, Respiratory problems are serious concern. Creosote is a by product of combustion. Any time a fire starts, creosote is created and can build up inside of your chimney if not able to properly vent. Creosote is an incredibly toxic substance that has been linked to causing health problems when unchecked. We cannot stress enough how important it is to keep your vents cleaned out due to serious risk of respiratory problems.

Chimney Cleaning in Groveland, Clermont, Winter Garden, FL, and Surrounding Areas

Risk of Chimney fires increase with build up. It seems obvious but it deserves stating how serious the risk of fire is from an uncleaned chimney vent. The main risk to a chimney fire is a build up of the substance creosote. We have mentioned this substance several times so far on our site and it should be said a few more times. Creosote is a flammable substance that when exposed to high levels of heat can ignite at random. This is what makes it so dangerous. 

Air flow can become restricted due to animal nest. Smaller animals have been known to build nest inside of chimney vents for various reasons. They find a warm dark place that is safe from predators where they can rest and raise their young. This is lovely and all until the nest is now blocking the flow of air up your chimney and rerouting that airflow now back into your home. This can lead to eye irritation, skin rashes and sore throats and more serious risk like carbon monoxide poisoning. Replacing, repairing or adding a chimney cap is a typical way of handling this problem. 

Chimney Cleaning | Superior Vents